The citizens’ campaign started as a result of increasing numbers in addictions and delinquency. Where from Purpose Rwanda survey done…
Status of addictions
– 7/10 families in Kigali alone have one or two people addicted to either a drug, alcohol or a behaviour addiction?
– Purpose Rwanda never goes below 25 new addiction patients per week in addition to those we already serve.
– Those who hide (manage) their addictions are the majority
– Recovery rates from addictions are very positive. Currently at 6/10.
– Relapses are at 4/10, with consistent decrease in numbers.
– Addiction admission (confession) rates from our beneficiaries is at 10/10 (biggest sign of recovery)